Sunday, September 2, 2007

Student Email and Blogs are ready!

All students now have a safe, Gaggle.net email account set up for them. I have also set up student blogs using blogger. Parents: Keep an eye out for the online use policy that will be sent home this week. Students: You must sign the acceptable use policy for your Gaggle.net email accounts before receiving your user name and password.

Note about Gaggle.net emails and the blogs: None of the emails are private on Gaggle.net. Students cannot view each other's email accounts, however, I am the administrator for all the student accounts and I can view any mail in the inboxes, sent mail, or deleted mail folders. This is to ensure the safety of our students and to guard against cyberbullying. Gaggle.net scans all email for inappropriate words. All blogs are set up by me as well, so that I can sign in and delete the blogs if they are used inappropriately. Students who do not abide by the acceptable use policies will not be allowed to participate in our writing journey with blogs.

There are advertisements on the email site currently, but none are inappropriate for students. There is an ad-free version, however, it costs about $200 a year for a subscription. Needless to say... I went with the free version.

Parents: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me! I'm always glad to help. :-)

No comments: